2/10/09

Can I Get Some Teeth?


Have kids under 15? Well enjoy their beautiful smiles now because once they become teenagers...especially if they play ANY type of sport, it's like pulling teeth to get them to smile.


I ran to the store about 4:30pm just as they were coming in from school. I told them to watch their brothers while I ran to get a few things for dinner. When I came back I realized I had no key and no garage door opener. I called the house phone, no answer, I called their cell phones, no answer. I'm sitting in my car blowing the horn cause it was cold outside and I didn't want to get out and knock on the door but instead wanted to just drive into the garage and run in the house (You'd think I lived in Georgia or something instead of California). Finally after blowing the horn a few times I got out and banged on the door like the police and bolted back to the car. A couple seconds later the garage began to go up.

I walked in the door prepared to get my curse on about being locked outside and these little...these lil'....TEENAGERS!!! They were CLEANING THE KITCHEN and living room (something I didn't get a chance to do following breakfast this morning because of an incredibly busy day). I couldn't even yell at them about "locking" me out with the smell of Pinesol in the air and the vaccuum going! Score one for the the twins!



On another more depressing note I clicked on Yahoo today to find this article about my poor little pathetic city. Evidently we are ranked second behind Detroit as one of the most miserable cities in America. I could have told you that though. My home is now worth a pathetic price of way less than half of what it was two years ago. I have no neighbors on the right, left or in back of me. The city just laid off 29 police officers, unemployment is at 10% and my wonderful governor "The Terminator", just sent me an IOU for my state tax refund.


For some reason I'm not unhappy though. My kids are good, there is food in the refrigerator, the lights are on and everyone is healthy. I'll take that until it picks up.

Until later,
Nesh

4 comments:

  1. Heck, they don't have to smile if they are going to clean. haha. They are handsome boys, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you are thankful inspite of the bleak economic situation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow. I never would have thought that about "your" city... I don't know why, I guess I just have the misconception that city was very well off... but then WHY would that be when we are all in the same f'd up state, in the same f'd country financially?? I didn't realize you were so close to me either... well, if you count 1.5 hours as close =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can they come and teach my boys to vacuum. At this point I will be happy with them just picking up after themselves.

    ReplyDelete