4/19/09

The Tunnel

When you first step into the cold, dark tunnel, it doesn't seem that long. You walk in it for a short time and see this glimmer of light shining down, you think "This is it, the end of the tunnel is near". But when you get to where you see the glimmer of light shinning down you realize that it isn't the end of the dark, cold tunnel as there is a left turn in the tunnel.

You turn the corner only to see more darkness. You keep running and running hoping the end of the tunnel is near, but there is no glimmer of light in sight. By now you are tired, cold, alone and you just feel like giving up because all your efforts seem like they were in vain.

So what do you do? At this point you have two options, either keep running through the long, dark, cold tunnel in hopes of making it to the light at the end of the tunnel or you can turn around and run back to the start of the tunnel.

Sure it would be easier to run back to the start of the tunnel but you will never get where you wanted to be. If you keep trying to find the light at the end of the tunnel, you could have it all.

This is how I feel about my life right now. Everytime that I think that it will only start to get better from here on out, there is another obstacle in my way, another turn in my tunnel. I feel like every effort that I have made was for nothing. When are my efforts gonna pay off? When are all of my dreams and desires gonna be filled? Am I just wasting my time trying? I'd like to think that I am not wasting my time and that eventually I will reach the light at the end of the tunnel.

No comments:

Post a Comment