3/19/09

Just catching up

Sooo, I'm ABSOLUTELY a crazy woman this week. I made a list of all the things I did yesterday. It was the full length of an envelope. I started at 7am and NEVER stopped until 8pm last night. It felt great to get so many things done before my trip but my list continues today. I still haven't made my to-do list of things that need to be done while I'm gone. My mom says if I do everything before I leave no one will appreciate what I do while I'm gone. It doesn't matter though. I need to be able to sleep at night while I'm gone and know that everything and everyone is fine. Cayden woke up at 12am with some kind of barking seal cough and kept going with it until 4am. I'm tired but I think I'm on some type of high today. I can't sleep. I'm hoping he won't sleep too long so I can squeeze the gym into my list of things for today. Today is beautiful...I feel so good. What are your plans today? By 1:00pm I think I'll be on pins and needles about my trip. I'm just so excited. What will you be doing at 1:00pm my time? If nothing, then send Nesha warm thoughts :-)


So since I haven't written about the boys in a minute let me catch up. The third quarter has begun and everyone has started with a 4.0 gpa yippppeeee! Twin A dropped last quarter for the first time and couldn't get that Alegebra back up. He finished with a 2.8 for the first time this year. I guess I should be upset but I know he worked his butt off and since I am the last person to ask even one alegebraic (is that a word?) problem I can't get too upset about it. Twin B managed a 3.2. I'll take it because he go received a B+ in Spanish and is beginning to walk around the house and speak spanish to us all. I love it! CJ had his parent teacher conference yesterday and he seems to be doing well. He loves school but because his teacher said he has been caught a few times with his head down in class. I moved his bed time back to 8:30pm. He almost has Green Eggs and Ham memorized, but it's really helping with his fluency. Cayden is Cayden...whoa! That kid has taken a licken and keeps on ticken. OFF THE CHAIN THAT ONE! I've noticed though, when I have more patience with him he seems to have more with me. You have to know Cayden to know what this means.

I haven't ever flown alone, I've never slept in a bed alone. I can count on my hand how many nights I've been away from my kids. Cayden, two nights when I went to a tournament in San Diego last year with the other boys. Can you tell how much I'm looking forward to getting away for a few days. The thought has actually calmed me the last few days. I feel good. Really good.

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh, Gurl, go enjoy yourself. Believe me, you so deserve it. I try to visit my mother in CA once every 2 years. I live in MA. I go alone and it's so nice to just be Angela for that week. Not mommy, not honey, just Angela. And like you, I tidy up things before I leave cause that's just what I do. And believe it or not it looks the same when I get back. To me that shows apreciation to me that they think enough to have it look all spic and span when I get back.

    ReplyDelete