1/13/09

Give Another Brutha A Hand..."Rolle" on Myron!




As some of you may remember in a past blog of mine entitled NBA and the forgotten dreams or Top 6 Sports Whiners or Preferably Mama's boys, I discussed some of the ups and mostly downs of these pros who sometimes make us ashamed that their talent has made them the receipent of millions. I am so proud to share this story with you as well as with my sons. Myron Rolle brings great honor to EVERY student athlete. STAND UP!

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — Florida State safety Myron Rolle will study at Oxford instead of entering this year's NFL draft.
Rolle won a Rhodes scholarship in November and plans to seek a one-year master's degree in medical anthropology, The New York Times reported Monday in an entry on its college football blog.

"I'm very excited to go," Rolle wrote in a text message to the newspaper.

Rolle, projected to be an early round pick, said he plans to enter the 2010 NFL draft.

Rolle, from Galloway, N.J., got his undergraduate degree in pre-med after two and a half years, and has been taking graduate courses at Florida State this year.




1 comment:

  1. I was really excited when I saw this. My boyfriend and I had a long discussion about it, and I think it's fantastic!

    By the way, I started reading The Coldest Winter Ever by Sister Souljah...my oh my... eye-opening. It's not my style of reading material, however I'm always game for something different.

    ReplyDelete