12/5/10

Growing Up

“If your gonna screw up, do it while you're young. Older you get, the harder it is to bounce back.”

Winston Groom quotes


For days I’ve been slowing coming to the realization that my twins will be 17 years old in just few short days. I’ve literally found myself up the past month thinking about it. If 17 is doing this to me, what turmoil will I be in when they hit 18, or more, when I hit 40?


Quite honestly is seems, not very long okay that I was laying in a hospital bed with the ugliest dookie braids ever, and the ultrasound technician telling me she thinks she sees two heads. I remember that day so vividly. Up until that day I wasn’t even noticeable pregnant and in fact, I could I still throw on a hoodie and leave my top button open on the jeans and still be just as cute. Fast forward to the next morning after finding out the news; that twins would be arriving in just over three months. I blew up overnight. The next morning I could no longer fit anything. By 8 months, it was impossible to even get normal shoes on and I was wearing these stupid house shoes with green and red bell peppers on them everywhere. Something I wouldn’t be caught dead in, even in the house now days. I suddenly pictured myself carrying to car seats, pushing two strollers, two high chairs, two swings, two of everything. I wasn’t far from it. It was my reality. Funny thing is, I look back now and remember what a short time it was. We grew up so fast. The years have flown by. Too fast. For me, I’ll take digging in the couch for quarters for diapers, shopping in Kmart for matching outfits that looked like the GAP, the bobsled stroller and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches at Cherry Park on a Saturday compared to now. Now, it’s checking grades, worried about them driving bad weather, girlfriend drama, GPA’s, college entry and watching them grow. I’m stomping my hands and kicking my feet. I’m not ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment