12/15/08

Book Brain Food

Often a good book can be a woman's best friend. I have been called on by Ms. Bar B to search my brain and reveal my favorite reads. I love books so this one was pretty easy for me. I love books almost as much as I love music. A good book can keep me wrapped up for days. So - here's to my book circle...I did find it somewhat hard once I started to pick favorites.
The Task:
(a) Fiction book
(b) Autobiography
(c) Non-fiction book
(d) A fourth book of your choice from any genre
Explain why the books are essential reads in no more than 30 words per book.



Salt In His Shoes is my Fiction Book Choice - My boys and I read this book over and over. It is so good for the soul and good for the spirit. Michael Jordan's story does wonders for the child who wants to be "more". After reading it Twin B put salt in his shoes every night for months!


As a high schooler my dad insisted I read Malcolm X before the movie came out. I am so happy that I did. Although the movie was amazing the book told the story of Michael Little. Malcolm X changed my thinking in so many ways. People should only dream of having his zest for life and justice.


It's been quite sometime since a book touched me as Miracle at St. Anthony's. There were just so many lessons. Every page was a lesson! It is invaluable for parents of athletes and for student atheletes to read. If you want it, it is a must that you work for it! I find it so beautiful that my son has his nose stuck in this book right now!

The Coldest Winter Ever is my book of choice. Still my favorite book! Simply an amazing read! I'm smiling thinking about how fulfilling it was. In fact, I think I'll read it again. I hated when this book ended. The story of Winter will leave you wanting more.

2 comments:

  1. Great choices! Every time I open a Black Expressions mailing I am tempted to order The Coldest Winter Ever. Now that you have given such a great review I just might have to add it to my library.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm 'amazon-ing' "The Coldest Winter Ever" right now. I love to read! If it were up to me, I'd put on a little jazz and read all day every day. What other authors do you like?

    ReplyDelete