11/4/10

Obama's Perfect Analogy

So my facebook status on Tuesday went something like "I just voted and although I studied...I'm still quite frustrated and not feeling so wonderful about my particular choices...Lord help California".

I wasn't not going to talk about the changed political landscape, or the largest turnover in the House since World War 2, or the Teabaggers and other Repug's need 'to right a wrong' (we all know what they consider wrong). Oh, but I will. At the Oregon Convention Center, President Barack H. Obama said: "After they drove the car into the ditch, they made it as difficult as possible for us to pull it back, and now as we're slowly but surely pulling the car out, keeping in mind that it's badly dented and may need a tune up--now they're tapping on our shoulders, wanting the keys back. No! You can’t drive! We don’t want to have to go back into the ditch. We just got the car out!"


Using that same analogy, the voters seem united in their anger and frustration but divided in what the prescription is and what to do about it, except for changing 'change', so, for the most part, they decided they're going to push the car halfway back in the ditch, disabling the engine, and taking out the transmission and putting it in backwards, removing the starter and alternator, removing the battery and putting it back in, upside down, while wanting the car out of the ditch shiny and new and running in perfect condition.

We will soon learn the definition of true gridlock. Yes...I mean Los Angeles, Friday afternoon at 4:30pm type gridlock. 
 
I predict, that since they'll be working against the President rather then working with him, the car will be not just in the ditch but heading toward the bottom of the lowest part, underneath mud and slime.


It may not be as simple as that, but I’m disappointed...as I said, I'm not going to talk about the changed political landscape. the biggest gain in the party since 1938, or the Teabaggers and other Repug's need 'to right a wrong.' I'll just focus on the fact that every local candidate here that I voted for, won their seats...and it doesn't feel wonderful at all.
sorry, I'm venting

No comments:

Post a Comment