7/7/10

Me - 2010

Periodically I look at a picture of myself (like the one below, for example) and I ask the question: Who is this girl....really?




Question of the decade. Haha.

There were times where it drew blank stares. Grimaces. And sarcastic laughs.

If I were to ask those closest to me...they would give only a resume of my talents.

Husband: My strengths, loves and my favorite things

Others: a long list of likes, dislikes, and moods.

I dare no one would come closer to the truth than my mother...

...but even SHE would miss the essence by a mile.

No one spends more time with me...than me...so how is it that I've spent most of my lifetime stumped by this question?



"I am invisible, understand, simply because others choose not to see me "~Ralph Waldo Emerson


1. I sing at the top of my lungs; getting lost in the melody and emotion. Carefree and joyous. A true lover of music. (I do get a little quieter if I think people can hear me)

2. I write from the depths of my soul. In whatever form it happens to flow into. Not for acclaim. And never for approval. Content takes precedence over grammar. (I lied, I like approval, especially from loved ones. It's important for me to know they know that I have some talent besides nursing babies)

3. I am two opposites joined. Yin and Yang within myself. A more envious form of Bipolar. A healthier version of a Manic-Depressive. I am noisy and I am silence. I am serious and I am humorous. I am introverted and I am bold. I am cautious and I am fearless. Tender and Intense. I am high-top converse's and I am high heels. I am pink ribbons and black nail polish.

4. I believe in Truth. And Beauty. And Love. And I will guard them ferociously.

5. I am the Apple of My Father God's eye. He gave His life for me, and I owe Him my everything. His sacrifice tells me that I am special to Him.

6.. I am still learning. The color on my wings growing more vivacious, the smile on my face increasing in each day. Look into my eyes and you will see it too.



Now...look at that picture again...


No comments:

Post a Comment