7/5/10

Faith Or Fear

"For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind”

2 Timothy 1:7

Sometimes when I'm worried about something, I'm  reminded of this verse. As I was praying the other morning I had some fears concerning battles in my life that I struggle with sometimes but I had to remember that fear and faith can not occupy the same space. I have to chose one. As the Bible verse above states, fear does not come from God, and if it doesn't come from God, then you know where it came from. The enemy. God gave us the spirit of power and of love and of a sound mind.

You can't have a sound mind if you're scared and worried about something.

Do I want to be fearful, or do I want to be faithful? I choose to believe that God is currently working on my battles on my behalf even as I write this blog entry. I choose to be faithful. I want to have "crazy faith", as Marvin Sapp talks about in the Praise him in Advance- Intro. I'm writing this as a note to my self, because sometimes reality is so up in my face that my faith is pushed way to the back, and I need to get it up front, and keep it there.

On a mission,
Blessings

1 comment:

  1. You will make it because God is on your side and you are "powerful beyond measure"

    ReplyDelete