11/30/12

Save my Soul



Writing is important for my soul. Four years ago I was lost. I picked up pencil and began to write again. I dug out my journals and notebooks and began to look through them. I wrote a poem that clearly describes why I write and what writing means to me. I have a profound love for the art of writing and I am thankful to God that He blessed me with the gift of words. It isn't as important as my prayer time in my closet but somehow it continues to sooth me.


Writing to Save my Soul
I am writing to save my soul
writing to hold on to control
to stay whole
I'm writing to remain
Sane
Writing to eliminate the mundane
events of life
I'm writing to acquire more happiness
I'm writing to endure the pains and strife
I'm writing to show the girl inside the limitless possibilities of an educated mind
I'm writing to remind her to share the gifts God has given her with all man kind
I want to encourage her to think and challenge status quo
I'm writing to show her how the mind can grow
I'm writing to remind myself of what I already know
but most of all
I am writing to save my soul



No comments:

Post a Comment